How Pennsylvania School Disability Benefits Compare to Other States
You may be surprised to know that school districts in other states generally have employer-paid basic disability coverage or state disability retirement plans.
- In Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa, almost all of the districts provide employer-paid disability plans that cover 60-70% of salary.
- In Wisconsin, many districts have 90% salary plans and often that benefit is paid in addition to their sick leave.
- In Minnesota, most plans are employer-paid and cover the industry standard 66 2/3% salary. Just like Wisconsin, most plans in Minnesota also pay benefits in addition to sick leave.
- In Indiana, the majority of school districts have employer-paid 66 2/3% salary plans.
- And in Pennsylvania, only 35% of school districts provide coverage.
© PSEA Disability. All Rights Reserved
All benefits are subject to the terms of the certificate of insurance coverage.