PSEA Disability Plan Highlights
- Covers pregnancy & mental/emotional illness
- Choice of 6 different plans customized to meet the needs of PSEA members
- No medical questions if enrolled during initial offering and participation levels are met
- Voluntary, member-paid, group rates
- Statewide plan: Rates pooled with other Pennsylvania school entities
- Flat rates – do not increase with age
PSEA Plan Options
Depending on your group, you will have a choice of 5 or 6 plan options to choose from. Options 1-5 have different elimination periods but all have 60% of salary and include offsets for sick leave. Option 6 provides 50% of salary and pays in addition to sick leave.
Medical Premium Expense Benefit (MPEB)
This is an optional benefit that may be included with your plan. See your enrollment packet for details.
- Will pay up to $1,500/month for medical insurance premiums
- Paid in addition to disability benefits
© PSEA Disability. All Rights Reserved
All benefits are subject to the terms of the certificate of insurance coverage.